Our Fitness center has everything you expect, and more! We offer a great variety of cardio equipment to get your heart pumping and a full strength circuit, along with free weights, Olympic benches and racks, plate-loaded equipment, dumbbells, barbells, plates, an indoor track, and more. Train on your own or with help from our team. Our fitness floor staff provide helpful tips and assistance if needed and our certified personal trainers are here to help you meet your fitness goals. The J’s fitness center is a wonderful setting to improve your health and wellness. New members receive a FREE hour-long orientation appointment with a personal trainer! And don’t forget Tot Spot – free babysitting while you workout.
- Group Fitness: Our Group Fitness studio provides the setting for a variety of group fitness classes and instruction: Silver Sneakers®, Yoga, Pilates, Kickboxing, Tai Chi, and Power Plus are just a few of our offerings. From time to time, the Gordon JCC also offers special programs or classes that require an additional fee, and that is indicated when appropriate. No special equipment is required for any of our classes.
- Indoor Cycling & Fusion Studio: Features Schwinn AC Performance Plus Carbon Blue bikes with MPower Echelon consoles and triple-link pedals, plus space for core exercises such as TRX, medicine ball training, kettle bells, and body-weight work.
- Personal Training: Looking to step up your fitness? Working with a trainer can help you to reach your fitness goals, and helps ensure you’re exercising safely and correctly. All our trainers are certified by nationally recognized organizations and many have additional certifications and provide specialized services.
- Massage: Massage, or bodywork, is powerful! Whether it is referred to as pampering, therapeutic, or rejuvenating, and whether it is sought for stress relief, pain management, post-operative care, recovery, or relaxation, massage therapy can be a powerful tool in a healthcare program.
- Youth & Teen Fitness Certifications: The Gordon JCC recognizes that youth and teens are uniquely positioned to develop lifelong habits that lead to a healthy lifestyle. This certification program is for members ages 10 to 13 to help them safely utilize equipment, better understand the benefits of cardiovascular, strength, and flexibility training, and properly utilize the fitness center.
FOR EVERYONE’S SAFETY ABSOLUTELY NO CHILDREN UNDER AGE 10 ARE ALLOWED IN THE FITNESS CENTER OR THE GROUP FITNESS STUDIO UNLESS PARTICIPATING IN A SPECIAL PROGRAM. Children ages 10 through 13 may work out using treadmills, upright or recumbent cycles, elliptical trainers, cross trainers, or rowers without the certification program provided they are within arms-reach of a parent or guardian. Fitness Center staff reserves the right to ask any teenager with inappropriate behavior to leave the Fitness Center.