Gordon JCC Pool Rules
Outdoor pool front desk: 615.354.1692 | Outdoor pool deck: 615.354.1693.
- A Lifeguard must be present to use the pool. All swimmers must obey the Lifeguards at all times.
- Swimmers must shower before entering the pool
- The baby pool is for children 5 & under. A parent or adult over 18 years of age must accompany a child to the baby pool. Young siblings are not permitted to supervise a child at the baby pool
- Children deemed to be non-swimmers MUST be within a parent or adult’s arm reach & must remain in the shallow end of the pool. A swim test may be required at any time.
- Swim diapers AND rubber pants are required for children under the age of 4 per the JCC’s diaper policy.
- Flotation devices must be Coast Guard approved. No water wings, rings, rafts, etc permitted
- A 10 minute rest period will be called at 50 minutes past each hour. Anyone under age 18 must exit the pool. Infants 1-12 months are permitted in adults arms during rest periods.
- The pool AND deck areas will be cleared for a minimum of 30 minutes for each thunder event. Members will be allowed to stay under the Café pavilion with thunder ONLY. The entire pool area will be cleared for a minimum of 30 minutes for each lightning event or severe weather warnings. In the case of a tornado warning/watch, swimmers from the outdoor pool will be accompanied to the main building for shelter
- No food or drinks are permitted inside the water or within the orange safety line. Water only is permitted beyond the orange safety line or at pool side. A non-breakable water bottle with a lid or a container that can NOT spill its contents is required. Coolers and outside food/drinks are permitted, but will be inspected for glass and outside alcohol, which is prohibited
- Swimming in the lap lanes is strictly for lap swimmers and walkers. No hanging on the lane lines, ladders or safety ropes.
- All lap swimmers are required to share lanes when there is a high demand. Swimmer etiquette is to alert any swimmer that you are entering their lane before you get in. Circle swimming or a mutually agreed upon pattern, is required with two or more swimmers
- Street shoes are not permitted in the water. Only water approved shoes permitted
- During crowded times, football or other throwing activities may be restricted for safety of other patrons
- All exercise equipment (barbells, pull buoys, training paddles, kickboards, etc.) are for use by lap swimmers, swim team or water aerobics class participants only.
- The deep end and long course lanes are limited/restricted during TigerSharks swim team practices.
- No Running, rough housing or sitting on shoulders
- No Chewing gum
- No Smoking
- No Glass
- No squirt guns
- No animals (except service animals)
Diving Board & Slide Rules
- Divers must be at least 48 inches tall OR have passed a deep water test to use the diving board and/or slide. Swimmers must have the ability to swim to the designated exit ladder without assistance to be in the deep end in any capacity
- Free swim will be allowed several times throughout the day at the aquatics’ staff discretion). During free swim the diving board and slides will be closed
- Only one person on the board/ladder/slide at a time
- Only one bounce permitted on the diving board
- No seat bounces from the diving board
- No goggles or toys are permitted while using the slides or diving board
- No hanging on the diving board, lane lines, ladders, and safety rope
- Jump from the front of the board only.Cartwheels, back bends, flips and diving stunts are not allowed off the diving board or sides of the pool. (Lifeguards may use their discretion with experienced divers). Forward dives and jumps are allowed.
- Swimming under or near the diving board is not permitted while the diving board is open
- Dive blocks are for swim team use only
- Parents are NOT permitted to be in the water to “catch” their child from the diving board or slide. A lifeguard or aquatics’ staff member (at their discretion) may enter the water to be available for a one time try off the board or slide.
Summer Hours (to September 2)
Indoor Pool (August 5 to September 2)
Monday: 5:30am -12pm
Tuesday: 5:30am -12pm
Wednesday: 5:30am -12pm
Thursday: 5:30am -12pm
Friday: 5:30am -12pm
Outdoor Pool (August 5 to September 2)
Monday: 2:30 -6:45pm
Wednesday: 2:30 -6:45pm
Thursday: 2:30 -6:45pm
Friday: 2:30 -5:45pm
Saturday: 10:00am -6:45pm
Outdoor Pool (Laps & Class Only, August 5 to September 2)
Monday: 6:30am -10:30am
Tuesday: 6:30am -10:30am
Wednesday: 630am -10:30am
Thursday: 6:30am -10:30am
Friday: 6:30am -10:30am
Poolside Cafe (August 5 to September 2)
Fall Hours (Starts September 3)
Monday: 5:30am -7:45pm
Tuesday: 5:30am -7:45pm
Wednesday: 5:30am -7:45pm
Thursday: 5:30am -7:45pm
Friday: 5:30am -5:45pm
Outdoor Pool (Closed for the Season)
Last updated July 30, 2019