Gordon JCC Pool Hours & Rules
Things to Remember:
- We will still be using the reservation system
- Reservation slots will be one hour long, and back to back (with a few exceptions a tad longer or shorter to fit into our open hours and daily schedule)
- We will open the week day reservations on Friday of the week before
- We will open weekends on Wednesdays
- 1 swimmer per lane, unless you are from the same household or are “quarantine buddies”, sharing in those cases are HIGHLY encouraged; please limit to max 4 per lane
- There will still be no community equipment, but you are welcome to bring your own
- Reminder that locker room are for restroom use only
- WATER AEROBICS You are allowed to book 2 reservation per week. Additional reservations may be made no more than 24 hours before a class, and only if the class has availability.
- LAP SWIMMING You are allowed to book 2 reservations slots during the week, and 1 reservation slot during the week
- If you want to book more, you need to book additional slots the night before or day of
- Those not adhering to these guidelines will have their advance reservations over the 2 during the week and 1 on the weekend, deleted. Those continuously abusing this may lose their reservation privileges
Indoor Pool - Reserve your time
Capacity: Lap Swimming: One per lane. Capacity may vary during Water Aerobics or lessons. Please see Setmore for full lane availability.
|5:30-9:30am Lap Swim/Water Walking | Every Hour on the 1/2 Hour||8am-4:45pm Lap Swim/Water Walking | Every Hour on the Hour||8am-4:45pm Lap Swim/Water Walking | Every Hour on the Hour|
|9:30-9:45am 15 minute cleaning/water aerobics exit|
|9:45am-4:45pm Lap Swim/Water Walking | Every hour on the 45 minutes|
|4:45-5:45pm CLOSED for TigerSharks/lessons/Nashville Dolphins|
|5:45-6:45pm Lap Swim/Water Walking *NO FRIDAY SESSION|
Water Aerobics Rules
- Water aerobics will be held indoors
- Time will be from 8:30-9:30
- Class will be held in the program area of the indoor pool and the 2 adjoining lanes (please space yourselves accordingly to maintain proper social distancing)
- Reservation system will still be in place with 12 spots (with us still asking everyone to cap it at 2 reservations to help get everyone in) *these apply to reservations made in advance for the week, more reservations may be made if there are open spots and reservations are made the night before/day of
- We will regularly audit reservations and those found having more than the allotted reservations scheduled in advance will lose their reservations later in the week and if this persists, could lose reservation privileges
- After class please put equipment in “Unsanitized” bin to be sanitized
- Please make your way out of the indoor pool area in a timely manner as we clean the space after the larger bather load and also to allow for the next set of swimmers to come in and limit exposure during transition
- Water aerobics reservations do not count towards your lap lane reservation limits
**Please be patient and understanding with us, as we are I the midst of a pandemic and are providing as much space and time as we can at this moment to serve all of our members. As we progress through the phases, we will re-evaluate and provide as many opportunities as those allow
Outdoor Pool - Closed for the Season
Outdoor pool front desk: 615.354.1692 | Outdoor pool deck: 615.354.1693.
- A Lifeguard must be present to use the pool. All swimmers must obey the Lifeguards at all times.
- Swimmers must shower before entering the pool
- The baby pool is for children 5 & under. A parent or adult over 18 years of age must accompany a child to the baby pool. Young siblings are not permitted to supervise a child at the baby pool
- Children deemed to be non-swimmers MUST be within a parent or adult’s arm reach & must remain in the shallow end of the pool. A swim test may be required at any time.
- Swim diapers AND rubber pants are required for children under the age of 4 per the JCC’s diaper policy.
- Flotation devices must be Coast Guard approved. No water wings, rings, rafts, etc permitted
- A 10 minute rest period will be called at 50 minutes past each hour. Anyone under age 18 must exit the pool. Infants 1-12 months are permitted in adults arms during rest periods.
- The pool AND deck areas will be cleared for a minimum of 30 minutes for each thunder event. Members will be allowed to stay under the Café pavilion with thunder ONLY. The entire pool area will be cleared for a minimum of 30 minutes for each lightning event or severe weather warnings. In the case of a tornado warning/watch, swimmers from the outdoor pool will be accompanied to the main building for shelter
- No food or drinks are permitted inside the water or within the orange safety line. Water only is permitted beyond the orange safety line or at pool side. A non-breakable water bottle with a lid or a container that can NOT spill its contents is required. Coolers and outside food/drinks are permitted, but will be inspected for glass and outside alcohol, which is prohibited
- Swimming in the lap lanes is strictly for lap swimmers and walkers. No hanging on the lane lines, ladders or safety ropes.
- All lap swimmers are required to share lanes when there is a high demand. Swimmer etiquette is to alert any swimmer that you are entering their lane before you get in. Circle swimming or a mutually agreed upon pattern, is required with two or more swimmers
- Street shoes are not permitted in the water. Only water approved shoes permitted
- During crowded times, football or other throwing activities may be restricted for safety of other patrons
- All exercise equipment (barbells, pull buoys, training paddles, kickboards, etc.) are for use by lap swimmers, swim team or water aerobics class participants only.
- The deep end and long course lanes are limited/restricted during TigerSharks swim team practices.
- No Running, rough housing or sitting on shoulders
- No Chewing gum
- No Smoking
- No Glass
- No squirt guns
- No animals (except service animals)
Diving Board & Slide Rules
- Divers must be at least 48 inches tall OR have passed a deep water test to use the diving board and/or slide. Swimmers must have the ability to swim to the designated exit ladder without assistance to be in the deep end in any capacity
- Free swim will be allowed several times throughout the day at the aquatics’ staff discretion). During free swim the diving board and slides will be closed
- Only one person on the board/ladder/slide at a time
- Only one bounce permitted on the diving board
- No seat bounces from the diving board
- No goggles or toys are permitted while using the slides or diving board
- No hanging on the diving board, lane lines, ladders, and safety rope
- Jump from the front of the board only.Cartwheels, back bends, flips and diving stunts are not allowed off the diving board or sides of the pool. (Lifeguards may use their discretion with experienced divers). Forward dives and jumps are allowed.
- Swimming under or near the diving board is not permitted while the diving board is open
- Dive blocks are for swim team use only
- Parents are NOT permitted to be in the water to “catch” their child from the diving board or slide. A lifeguard or aquatics’ staff member (at their discretion) may enter the water to be available for a one time try off the board or slide.