The Gordon JCC Annual Fund
The Annual Fund is the fundraising effort that supports every member of our community. Membership dues and program fees do not cover the full cost to fulfill the important mission of the J. When you give to the annual fund you are supporting growth of innovative programs and ongoing services that benefit the entire Jewish and greater Nashville community. Our 1902 Society honors Annual Fund donors over $360.
Your generosity to the J secures us as the place where Jewish identity is celebrated and lasting connections are made. We are a powerful influence on Jewish continuity. We actively engage people in Jewish life in ways they will remember forever. Invest in the future while treasuring the memories you are creating today. Please give generously to the J Annual Fund.
Your support powers:
- Children to create their Jewish foundation through early childhood education, camp, enrichment classes and afterschool care.
- Families to build community and connect through social programming and Family Shabbat.
- Middle and high school teens to explore their Jewish identity, develop leadership skills and deepen relationships with each other.
- A healthy lifestyle through state-of-the-art aquatics and fitness facilities, wellness programs & group and private classes.
- Adults to expand their minds and hearts through classes, educational lectures and cultural programming.
- Senior adults to live independently and improve their social well-being through weekly hot meals, transportation services and daily programming.
In 1902, twenty young men first gathered to create the Young Men’s Hebrew Association of Nashville. In more than a century since, the Gordon Jewish Community Center evolved and grew to serve the entire Jewish community and our friends and neighbors. In addition to membership dues, we rely on contributions from the community to ensure our potential for another hundred years and more. The YMHA’s original mission “for the maintenance of a literary and gymnasium club, for the advancement of its members in literature, sciences and art, and in athletic sports” remains at the core of what we do.
The J is pleased to honor a special group of individuals and families who provide annual leadership support that is essential to the continued strength and growth of our programs. Join our 1902 Society.
1902 Society Giving Levels
Our supporters at these levels are recognized in quarterly newsletters, on our Website, and at the annual meeting, and are invited to our yearly 1902 Society event. Benefactor donors and above are also recognized as sponsors of our annual fundraiser, Big Night Out, and receive two tickets to the event. Your gift the to the Gordon JCC is tax deductible.
For more information on the Annual Fund or 1902 Society, please contact Dara Freiberg Membership and Development Director at 615.354.1639